Paintings

Wishes: "Trust your heart, just believe..."

(this is the mate to We Go On, down the page a little...)



His Majesty


...and he seems to approve.

Enjoying The View

"...and all the stars wept with her."


We Go On
(IllumiNations, Reflections of Earth, 2010)


Second painting in my Walt Disney World series (the first is Wishes, a ways down the list) this painting changes so much with the light I did a scan and also took a photo but neither captures the colors quite right-the fireworks are pink, silver and green...pink just like this:



Because that is how close up I got to see them. Thank you, Harriet and Leah *hugs*.


Uncondtional: Impressions of Pocket

Man's Best Friends

The Tour (Fitzroy Gardens)

The Steady Hand To Victory


Ultraviolet Light

Standing Like Stone

"Two things stand like stone:
Kindness in another's trouble.
Courage in your own.
~ Adam Lindsay Gordon



Somewhere Only We Know

Springtime in Blue

Numbers and Figures

Wishes
(Inspired by a photograph by BL)
Acrylic on canvas, 8X10


The Sheltering Forest
Acrylic on canvas, 16x20 (Photo by M.I.)


Wintersong

(Acrylic on canvas, 16X20) The digital camera didn't capture the colors correctly so I put the edge on the scanner (all that would fit) for a true color sample. It's electric blue...)



A World Less Lonely

Tea Roses and Sympathy


City at Night



This is how traffic at an intersection looks to me without any corrective lenses in my aphakic eyes.

Coming into Color
(acrylic on canvas 5X7)

This painting is very special to me because I wanted try to demonstrate as closely as possible how the same flowers (roses and another of my favorites, Purple Statice) would have looked to me before and after my surgeries. Of course this would have been before it got to the point where I was beyond seeing anything at all (complete blindness) on the left and almost nothing (dim light/movement/legal blindess) on the right.

I have loved vivid colors all my life; watching them slowly fade away over ten years time and then losing them completely in the last year was very difficult for me, one of the most difficult aspects emotionally of the time I had so little vision. It wasn't only the world going dark, having to be led everywhere, all of that. It was the world dimming to sad, distorted sepia tones and then going dark. Getting colors back is truly a gift beyond description.

This painting is dedicated with affection and gratitude to the gifted surgeon who saved my sight, Dr. Sayoko Moroi. The words 'thank you' seem so insufficient.


Lightly Turns
(Hydrangea in Springtime)
(acrylic on canvas 5X7)

The title is a tribute to lines from my favorite Tennyson poem, Locksley Hall: "In the Spring a young man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love."


When it is Darkest
This is actually painted upon a box meant to hold stationery. It's a tribute to the beautiful photograph that artist G. Ochocki took of the 2009 Perseids meteor shower- something very significant to me. I would love to buy a print of his photograph (attempts to email a gallery selling his other work were returned undeliverable, unfortunately.) No copywrite infringement is intended and this work is not for sale.

The title is taken from an Emerson quote which means a lot to me: "When it is darkest, men see the stars."

Hydrangea


Deciduous
Fireworks Flowers
(Carnations)

This is also the title of the novel I wrote for Nanowrimo in 2008 (the title is a reference to the main female character's description of her favorite flowers, carnations.)

Please don't save/reproduce/use/link/print these images without my consent...thank you!