All the better to see you with...



Yes, these are my real aphakia glasses, in normal sized frames. Yes, they are incredibly heavy (they bruise my nose, actually if worn more than a few hours) and they are disfiguring, after all, magnify anyone's eyes by 32 times magnification and they'll look like Edna Mode. Good thing I like Edna Mode!

The best part about wearing these though is that at least when you go out people hvae a clue that you're visually impaired. I have wicked blind spots in these and everything is distored and hugely enlarged- like looking through a fishbowl. At least they see you coming and give you a wider berth LOL.

Funny story- I got stared at in public for the first time in them and the kid (old enough to know better) walked straight into an end cap. Only funny cause he wasn't hurt, of course- but hope he learned a lesson. A friend said "If you weren't so nice, Bru you'd have said to that kid, "I guess you couldn't see where you were going!" *LOL*



I look like a Powerpuff girl, or perhaps a Muppet (specifically, Beaker, more likely, Gonzo with dark bangs). Either way there are worse things to look like and being blind is worse than looking like almost anything!


I mean, when there are sights like this to be seen...



He carried his stuffed animal up onto the rocking chair then proceeded to snuggle with it. Too cute.

...and the top of our little Christmas tree...





hope you have great holidays!




xoxo


bru